A Couple Of Enhancements

itman

Add a #nn number to each posting so that it can be cross-referenced in replies. Ditto for adding an imbedded https: link in same that can be copied for cross-referencing.

• Administrators

There's actually an icon for sharing a post in the right-hand upper corner of the post. For instance, to share or reference your last post one would use https://forum.eset.com/topic/10819-eset-endpoint-security-block-foreign-ip/?do=findComment&comment=55164.

I can't conceive how it should be supposed to work with URLs. Anyways, the forum system was not developed by ESET and it's a product of a 3rd party company. That said, we can only take advantage of features that the system supports.

1 hour ago, TomFace said:

FYI itman...

c.jpg

b.jpg

I turned off ActiveX filtering and tracking protection for this site. Both of these were enabled previously in IE11 running on Win 10 home x64 1607.

Still don't see the squiggle symbol you highlighted.

13 hours ago, TomFace said:

Not only are you missing the "squiggle", you're also missing the arrow and heart symbols.

Plus the pin and lock symbols are missing .....................

I just fired up Edge and all these "exotic" features are present.

Perhaps these graphics have something to do with DCOM storage which I have set 0 btyes or saving encrypted web pages to disk which I have disabled in IE11?

If someone can ID what method these graphics are using, I could explore what settings in IE11 affect those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 28/01/2017 at 1:09 AM, itman said:

If someone can ID what method these graphics are using, I could explore what settings in IE11 affect those.

Seems like the graphics are shown using a @font-face with the font files located within forum.eset.com... is there anything you have preventing your browser from using @font-face or loading embedded fonts from websites?

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:00 AM, planet said:

Seems like the graphics are shown using a @font-face with the font files located within forum.eset.com... is there anything you have preventing your browser from using @font-face or loading embedded fonts from websites?

In IE11, there really are no direct settings to control font usage other than to permit font downloads which is enabled. However in Win 10, fontdrvhost.exe does run in AppContainer which might not be 100% compatible w/IE11 since again, there is no issue when using Edge.