Why are my settings grayed out ?

ken1943

• Administrators

If you mean settings in Endpoint, then the settings were likely set by an ERA policy and therefore are not configurable on the client.

Marcos, I THINK ken1943 may be referring to his settings for this forum....but I can't be sure. ken1943 please give us more information and a screen shot.

Edited by TomFace

Sorry, this must be my confused day, here is the screen shot. I will stay in this forum.

2017-01-09_11-20-19.png

Edited by ken1943

Ok here's my info-looks just like yours:

Settings.jpg

What do you want to do?

Any recent posts you made are listed in your "Profile". If you click on a topic/post in there,  it will take you to that post.

The post made by others that you are following are contained in "Manage Followed Content".

The words "Content"  and "Settings" are headings (non-clickable items).

Edited by TomFace

If I cannot change my settings, this forum is useless to me and thus Eset. Something is screwed up and if I cannot get help here !!

I will not use a software company that plays games eset has not gotten the best reviews.

36 minutes ago, ken1943 said:

If I cannot change my settings, this forum is useless to me and thus Eset. Something is screwed up and if I cannot get help here !!

I will not use a software company that plays games eset has not gotten the best reviews.

I simply asked what you wanted to do/accomplish. I'm just a user like you and I'm trying to help you. If you want to act childish, I won't waste any more of my time with you.-_- I am not playing games.

Good day Sir.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

ESET is not playing any dirty games with you either. The forum system was developed by a 3rd party company, not by ESET and it's also used by other companies and some other AV vendors too. In your screen shot I didn't see any options being greyed out, only the headings as TomFace correctly pointed out. But those are not clickable items. Aren't you able to click "Account settings"?

Please clarify what you would like to achieve and we will guide you.

I wanted to know if my settings being gray out was causing a problem posting. I was on a different form and

my problem showed up there also. Just frustrated that it may be a Windows 10 problem, again, I will have to look deeper than a forum problem.

Sorry

2 hours ago, ken1943 said:

Just frustrated that it may be a Windows 10 problem, again, I will have to look deeper than a forum problem.

Start with your browser settings. A plug-in/add-on, security setting, or the like is most likely the culprit. 

At this point I am scratching my ? ! Nothing new anywhere. Firefox has nothing new that I am aware of, it happens with IE 11 also. I use Clipmate as my clipboard replacement and no updates there. That is the reason I asked about forum settings as I thought there may be something there, but it happened on two forums. Not looking at

Windows 10 yet

Happiness is Windows any version !!

***IT IS A FORUM PROBLEM. I closed Firefox and came back here to make another reply and this post came up in the reply without doing anything. I wonder if other users have this and just don't realize it.

I have seen something, I think, where a post can be Quoted.

Edited by ken1943

At this point I am scratching my ? ! Nothing new anywhere. Firefox has nothing new that I am aware of, it happens with IE 11 also. I use Clipmate as my clipboard replacement and no updates there. That is the reason I asked about forum settings as I thought there may be something there, but it happened on two forums. Not looking at

Windows 10 yet

Happiness is Windows any version !!

This must be a forum problem. I posted a reply and it was gone "your previous post has been restore".

I wanted to post a reply and an earlier post came up in the window before I was able to repost my reply.

Something screwy with the forum software so I will not be back.

Good Bye

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Marcos said:

ESET is not playing any dirty games with you either. The forum system was developed by a 3rd party company, not by ESET and it's also used by other companies and some other AV vendors too. In your screen shot I didn't see any options being greyed out, only the headings as TomFace correctly pointed out. But those are not clickable items. Aren't you able to click "Account settings"?

Please clarify what you would like to achieve and we will guide you.

Marcos as you can see the quote process works fine and I cannot find anything that is malfunctioning with the forum or the posts. An old proverb says "A poor workman always blames his tools".

Edited by TomFace