How is Version 6? Will I notice the difference?

jeffw_00

Hi - I'm wondering how users are liking Version 6.  Especially people on XP.   I remember that when Version 5 came out I hopped right onto it, but it has some minor annoyances for the first month or two until they revised them out.   So how is Version 6?  Will I notice the difference?

Thanks!

/j

Hello and welcome to the Forum! :)

Yes V6 is stable, though I currently use the V7 BETA that also is very stable, and the final of V7 has infact already been officialy released in some parts of Europe, like Germany to name one.

So my suggestion would be to stick with the version you have installed and then go straight for V7 once it's released wich shouldn't be that far into the future.

See this thread for more info about V7 and release schedule: https://forum.eset.com/topic/1049-eset-v7-final-released-in-germany/

Edited by SweX

Pardon my out-of-dateness.   I became aware of V6 only because my ESET was up for renewal.   You'd think they'd notify customers, suggest an upgrade, etc...

Oh well, never mind then, I'll wait for V7  8-}

/j

Oh well, never mind then, I'll wait for V7  8-}

/j

Alright then  :D I'm sure the wait won't be long.

Though you could actually renew you're license now, but keep your current version installed as the password and username is the same when renewing and the software will feel that via the license server checks that you renewed and the expire date will change in the GUI shortly after you have gone through the process, and then simply get V7 when it's released in your language, or English etc etc...just a suggestion.  :)

I renewed (that's how I found out about the newer version)  I'm thinking I could use version 6 until version 7 comes along.

Why doesn't ESET automatically notify of upgrades (in the same manner they notify when renewal is needed)?  I have AVG Free on another machine and even they notify you of all updates - it's to their benefit, fewer versions to support...

my apologies- some how "check for latest version was unchecked (buried -deep- in the options/advanced menus...)

/j

If you look in the UI under "Update" the same place where can make an manual VSD update, below there, you can check for "product update" and if one is available it will be downloaded within the product. Should look like this.....

Product Update

Installed version: 7.0.104.0

Check for updates

it's to their benefit, fewer versions to support...

Regarding this, that is not a problem, as users can use wich version they want from V3 to V7. So if you or anyone else would have liked to stay with V5 that wouldn't be an issue. Though V7 provides better protection than V3 of course, so it is always recomended to use the lastest version. But if one don't want to use the latest then ESET won't force you. :)