ESET V7 Final Released In Germany?

hxxp://www.eset.com/de/about/press/releases/article/eset-veroeffentlicht-eset-nod32-antivirus-und-eset-smart-security-in-version-7/

So I guess we will not see the new BETA build that were mentioned a while back ?  :)

In anycase I think many wonders when the English release will take place?

Edited by SweX

Oh wow, that would be a big project considering that I don't speak German :P

I will use a translator and send you the most interesting bits in a PM. Apparently they have some kind of Patent for the new Exploit Blocker in V7. Only that sounds interesting! I really hope they can share some details on how it differs from other stand-alone exploit protection programs like Malwarebytes Anti-exploit, and/or from similar features in other products on the market :)

Edited by SweX

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The release of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 is being done in a staggered fashion, with the first wave being rolled out in a few languages. The full release around the world, including international English, has not occurred yet, however.

Think of this as a short, limited beta test for a few customers, but instead of being for the program code it's for the release process itself. By doing the release in the languages and countries around ESET's global headquarters, ESET has a chance to fine-tune any sales, marketing and support activities before the global release occurs.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks for the info Aryeh, then I have to wait a bit longer to get a version where my bug is said to be fixed. I was actually hoping to be able to test it before the final was released.  :)

Edited by SweX

• ESET Moderators

Thanks for the info Aryeh, then I have to wait a bit longer to get a version where my bug is said to be fixed. I was actually hoping to be able to test it before the final was released.  :)

Maybe you will, stay tuned ;-)

Yes, me too.  SweX and I have some of a similar problem.  Waiting to get full use of V7, so I hope it gets rolled out soon.  KOR-

Maybe you will, stay tuned ;-)

If you say so, I will  :D

Can version 7 be installed over v6 or does it require a clean re-instalation please.?

Thank you.

The Red Moon see this link:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/1014-malwarebytes-anti-exploit/

Of course doing a clean install is always best :rolleyes: (unless you get lazy like me :P )

Edited by TomFace

Hello to all

Looking forward to the final release in English (Danish). Have been like many others beta testing eset for quite some months now. And I may say, it has been a very stable beta release, with only very few hiccups. A kudos to all involved in this new version,. devolvers and beta testsers, and one more kodus to Eset, for not introducing tools such as, toolbars-registry cleaners-vault-defragmentations tools. All that goes in my category as " snakeoil ". Thank you Eset, for you still holding a firm grip, on the essential to security, Stability-low false positive ratio, low system impact and good rock solid and stabel detection rates. I hope that the Ceo of Eset, will give you all a trip to town, to celebrate the final release. Such kodus are also important. (Oh, bye the way I really like the way "My Eset" is developing. The site " My Eset" has great potential.)

Regards Janus :-))

Edited by Janus

Hello to all

Looking forward to the final release in English (Danish). Have been like many others beta testing eset for quite some months now. And I may say, it has been a very stable beta release, with only very few hiccups. A kudos to all involved in this new version,. devolvers and beta testsers, and one more kodus to Eset, for not introducing tools such as, toolbars-registry cleaners-vault-defragmentations tools. All that goes in my category as " snakeoil ". Thank you Eset, for you still holding a firm grip, on the essential to security, Stability-low false positive ratio, low system impact and good rock solid and stabel detection rates. I hope that the Ceo of Eset, will give you all a trip to town, to celebrate the final release. Such kodus are also important. (Oh, bye the way I really like the way "My Eset" is developing. The site " My Eset" has great potential.)

Regards Janus :-))

I'll second that motion ;)

I agree that toolbars, utility cleanup programs, extra tools like sandbox (which i think is a fairly neat trick, but also more stuff to wait on or bog down the system), are all things that should be excluded from from ESET security products.

I think that adding a toolbar is redundant. I removed AVG toolbar from a clients machine today, although he had active AVG sub so i left that on. 

Its all just junk.

Great points Janus !