Upgrade to 6.3 blocked scans from our copier

Hey all, we use Ricoh copiers to scan documents to a Server 2012R2 server that holds our user files. I updated my ESET File Security to 6.3 on that server and our copiers couldn't scan to it any longer. Fortunately this was a VM that I had snapshotted before I did the update so all I had to do was roll it back. Functionality restored. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to update the ESET on this server without killing the scanning access?

Thanks,

Joe B

• Administrators

What version of EFSW did you have installed prior to upgrading to v6.3? Does temporarily disabling real-time or protocol filtering (in the advanced setup) make a difference? If not, what about temporarily disabling HIPS and restarting the server?

Good morning Marcos, our prior EFSW version was 6.0.12025.0.

I won't be able to test your two other suggestions because this is a production server and it's used from 3:30am to about 11:00pm. Since installing ESET requires a reboot that time frame is not an option. I will try to come in this weekend to test them but we're putting on a state-wide convention so I don't think any downtime then would be an option either. We'll see. Maybe late Sunday afternoon...

Thanks,

Joe B