Recently (past 5 days or so) I have been getting this message

post-556-0-48356600-1466086285_thumb.jpg

It seems to pop up sporadically. The last time was today while doing the monthly Microsoft updates. I pretty much run default everything. I have no custom rules (I use automatic). This machine is Win 7x64 ESS 9.0.375.0 VSD 13654P.

Any ideas?

• Administrators

Did you upgrade from version 3 or 4 to v9? Could you try uninstalling it and installing it from scratch using default settings and see if it helps?

No on the v3/4 to v9. Was using Alpha v10, then to v8 and up to v9. In addition I do believe it occurs with or without pre-release updates enabled.

Edited by TomFace

Question is which rule set is corrupted: firewall or HIPS?

Since it appears you use automatic mode for both, I would just reset both to default values and see if that resolves the issue.

Question is which rule set is corrupted: firewall or HIPS?

Since it appears you use automatic mode for both, I would just reset both to default values and see if that resolves the issue.

Thought I did that already, but will try again. That's the drawback with v9. With v8 you could be selective about your default resets, with v9 it resets everything. Thanks itman - will let you know.

Interesting...I just reset all to default and got the same message while resetting. Think I'll just uninstall and re-install.

Edited by TomFace

I ended up going back to v8-I was always partial to the version.

I agree. V8 completely stable and works without any hiccups. If Eset would add the ver. 9 keystroke scrambling protection to it, it would be a perfect product.  

Edited by itman

I ended up going back to v8-I was always partial to the version.

I agree. V8 completely stable and works without any hiccups. If Eset would add the ver. 9 keystroke scrambling protection to it, it would be a perfect product.  

Good idea.... :rolleyes:

Edited by TomFace