ESS 9.0.377.0 and Network Protection status

Hello,

I've tried to install ESS 9.0.377.0 on my new HP laptop but it appears that either the network protection is incorrectly installed or ESS is incorrectly reporting the status. I am presented with the images attached.

I've tried a complete uninstall, clearing up any left over entries in C:\ and also the registry, then reinstalling without any success. Also i've tried to run a setup repair from "program and features" with no effect. In addition enabling pre-release updates has little effect on this issue.

The system is an AMD A10-8700P, running Win 10 Pro x64. No other security software is present on the system other than win defender and win firewall both of which have not been altered. Device drivers are fully updated.

If any logs or system dumps are required I will be more than happy to supply the information.

Regards.

post-10798-0-26075300-1463139330_thumb.jpg

post-10798-0-67622400-1463139339_thumb.jpg

Edited by kunjar

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

No the ESET Personal Firewall is not listed in my WiFi adapter properties.

post-10798-0-90425100-1463151086_thumb.jpg

Edited by kunjar

I've tried installing it from scratch using the latest installer but experienced the same issue. I managed to find the older version 9.0.318 on the internet (risky I know) but after I installed the product I had a similar issue and in this case the real-time protection failed to start also. However, this was resolved after a restart after which there were no issues. I updated to 9.0.375 using the in-built updater and all seems well for now.

Thanks for the help.