EXCLUSIVE: Building ESET from the ground up

toxinon12345

• ESET Insiders

ESET global CEO, Richard Marko, talks about changes in the industry and company growth

hxxp://www.arnnet.com.au/article/598673/exclusive-building-eset-from-ground-up

So it seems ESET is determined to be a technological leader...

Edited by toxinon12345

• ESET Insiders

The Aussie marketplace for Eset was a little too 'wild West' as we had no official Eset representative and plenty of resellers! Many of the resellers didn't like AU users buying Eset from overseas retailers who had websites that looked more professional and trustworthy.

Following the KL methodology of acting and appearing more professional certainly contributes to the 30% sales increases year on year. Once KL got a foothold into bricks and mortar retailers, along with sponsoring a few high profile sports teams, their sales numbers went through the roof and I hope Eset does the same. Just don't add all of the 'tech bloat' of KL products ;)

It will be interesting to see where Eset heads in the coming years; reading the mainstream websites it appears the more extra features and AV has, the higher value it offers the end user (at least according to the reviews I've read). I do hope Eset don't go down the Swiss Army Knife approach of so many vendors; after reading quite a few posts from Google's Project Zero project, many of these AV Vendors do more harm than good and many of the extra features are so basic, they appear to be little more than marketing bumpf.

Edited by TJP