Does V9 protect against Ransomware, better than V8!?

I tried V9 on my laptop, but it kept updating program modules- Forcing me to re-trust programs.  :angry:

I went back to V8, but am Really concerned about Ransomware!

I'll live with my re-trust issues if  V9 has better protection?

• Administrators

Please elaborate more on "it kept updating program modules". Do you mean that if you clicked Update now several times in a row, an update was downloaded each time? As for the other question, V8 and v9 provide the same level of protection against ransomware.

I went back to V8, but am Really concerned about Ransomware!

Hello. Try the beta version of v10.

Edited by Marcos
Screen shot removed

@Ego_Dekker

We are not supposed to post stuff online about it due to the non-disclosure agreement.

EIS/EAV is what currently is available for public beta testing

https://forum.eset.com/topic/8145-eset-internet-security-and-eset-nod32-antivirus-10-beta-is-available/?p=43278

Edited by SweX

Please elaborate more on "it kept updating program modules". Do you mean that if you clicked Update now several times in a row, an update was downloaded each time? As for the other question, V8 and v9 provide the same level of protection against ransomware.

I would be using either  my desktop or my laptop, and get the "Program Modules have been updated message.-

I'm wondering if- I was using different versions of ESS .304/V8 & V8/V9, is causing my issues...?

• Administrators

I would be using either  my desktop or my laptop, and get the "Program Modules have been updated message.-

I'm wondering if- I was using different versions of ESS .304/V8 & V8/V9, is causing my issues...?

Please post the recent records from your ESET Event log so that we get a better picture of how often program components were updated. It shouldn't happen each time you hit Update now within a short time period.

Please post the recent records from your ESET Event log so that we get a better picture of how often program components were updated. It shouldn't happen each time you hit Update now within a short time period.

It doesn't happen when I hit Update- It happens when I'm working on my other computer, and the Program Modules have been updated box pops up-

I uninstalled v9, and plan to go back to v8  (On both)/ set up a no share files/printer network (they were both were Public, with 1 v8, and the other v9). When I figure out Exactly how to do this?