VPN on El Capitan and firewall

Go to solution Solved by planet,

Hi,

I am running VPN server on my El Capitan. Eset firewall has all the exceptions added (port 500, etc.), but I can't connect to VPN from any client outside of the network. If I disable eset firewall all works fine. 'Interactive' mode does not recognise any new entries when connecting to VPN and still makes the VPN server unreachable. Has anyone seen a similar issue?

Thx,

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution

Is this for ESET Cyber Security Pro or ESET Endpoint Security since you are running a server?

If ECSP, this may be similar to the firewall bug pointed out in the other recent thread here, if disabling the ESET Firewall makes it work and you've set all the rules.

To confirm, check the logs in Tools > Log Files > Firewall, do you see "no usable rule" or anything relating to the VPN server?

Also from memory, VPN connections are automatically made to use the 'Work' profile, so I would temporary test creating a universal 'allow' rule for both incoming and outgoing connections in the Work profile to see if that makes a difference.

• Most Valued Members

Thanks for the response. Seems like changing to 'Work' profile solves the VPN issue.

Great to hear that @desmo, you're welcome!