Usage memory

Ridix

My eset is taking too much memory usage around 116,000k is there anyway to decrease it? or how can i send report to resolve this problem?

My eset is taking too much memory usage around 116,000k is there anyway to decrease it? or how can i send report to resolve this problem?

It is not a problem at all, so there is no need to report anything. The product is designed and supposed to use that much. Other products may be designed differently and use e.g 25mb according to task manager but they also "hide away" the rest, ESET does not. There is a good reason why the product is designed like it is. Unless you have performance issues/slow computer caused by the product, there really is nothing to resolve. :)

There's a memory leak. I have a laptop Windows 10 64 bit and a desktop Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
Desktop has been on 27 hours. shows 600 meg (can't work out how to post screen shot) I have been downloading a game overnight.

Will return to about 120 meg after a reboot.

There's a memory leak. I have a laptop Windows 10 64 bit and a desktop Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Desktop has been on 27 hours. shows 600 meg (can't work out how to post screen shot) I have been downloading a game overnight.

Will return to about 120 meg after a reboot.

TS said that ekrn.exe was using 116mb on the system, not 600mb. It's a huge difference. Yes, we know there is a leak that affects some users, but judging by the amount ekrn.exe use on that system, TS does not seem to be affected. If ekrn.exe does use much more than that on the system, then it would be in everyone's interest if TS told us more about that instead.

@Wrogg

Yes, rebooting will release the memory. If you have a fast upload connection and are willing to help out, then create a complete memory dump -> hxxp://support.eset.com/kb380/ that ESET can download and analyze, and hopefully it will shed some light on why some users are having this problem.

We already have 2 open threads about a possible ram leak:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/7487-seems-like-a-memory-leak/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6317-eset-smart-security-9-memory-leak/

Please continue in one of them cause we really don't need a 3'rd thread on the same topic, thanks.

Edited by SweX