Eset website certificate revoked

Hi, I have the latest eset 9 and windows 10. I have noticed that since a week or so, eset show a lot of "website certificate revoked" notifications. What happen? It´s very annoying.

This is certainly related to the SSL scanning of ESET. Usually revoked certificates should be denied.

You may also check this setting and choose "Block communication that uses the certificate" for invalid or corrupt certificates. AFAIK revoked certificates should also be part of this.

post-3952-0-88919100-1455470234_thumb.png

• 5 months later...

Hi Team,   if anyone can help,  We have the same 'website certificate revoked' on one of our PCs,  the website is our mail login, hence not able to get e-mails on this computer.  All other computers running ESET here have no problem with our mail login.

Is there anyway to reverse the revokation ?  ESET Smart Security 9, running on WIN7 Pro with Thunderbird email.

Thanks

ESET Smart Security 9, running on WIN7 Pro with Thunderbird email.

Can you start up Thunderbird directly and login that way?

Thanks ITman,  No problem running Thunderbird, if I disenable TSL/SSL filtering it works OK.  I was just trying to find a way to re-invoke the certificate.  All other computers that get/send e-mail here have no problem.

• Administrators

Thanks ITman,  No problem running Thunderbird, if I disenable TSL/SSL filtering it works OK.  I was just trying to find a way to re-invoke the certificate.  All other computers that get/send e-mail here have no problem.

Disabling TLS/SSL scanning is not recommended and HTTPS nor IMAPS/POP3S protocols would not be scanned for malware then. Certificate revocation is a general security feature; otherwise owners of a certificate would not be able to revoke it and in the event of a possible private key leak the communication or application would remain trusted even if it didn't originate from the owner of the certificate.

That said, you should contact the owner of the certificate as ESET merely denies the communication that is not trusted anymore.