Problems with Era 6 installed on centos 6.7

I have an issue with the the latest Era server installed on Centos 6.7

The issue seems like a problem with Mysql connection.

In the server trace.log i get this message

Error: CCleanupModule [Thread 7f256d9e8700]: [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(a) Driver][mysqld-5.7.10]Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'era_db.a.SourceUuid_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

Anybody out there who knows how i can sort this issue?

Regards,

Fei

• Administrators

It is caused by sql_mode value being incompatible with ERA:

Workaround: disable ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY mode. Then add or edit the value in the configuration file and eventually restart MySQL daemon:

As of MySQL 5.7.5, the default SQL mode includes ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY. (Before 5.7.5, MySQL does not detect functional dependency and ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY is not enabled by default. For a description of pre-5.7.5 behavior, see the MySQL 5.6 Reference Manual.)

[mysqld]

sql-mode=STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Hi Marcos,

I have tried to edit the my.cnf in /etc but i still get the same error.

Is it sql-mode or sql_mode?

when i do a select @@sql-mode; i see the mode is enabled without only_full_group_by but i just dont understand why.

Maybe there's another file that i need to edit?

Thanks!

• ESET Staff

Hi Marcos,

I have tried to edit the my.cnf in /etc but i still get the same error.

Is it sql-mode or sql_mode?

when i do a select @@sql-mode; i see the mode is enabled without only_full_group_by but i just dont understand why.

Maybe there's another file that i need to edit?

Thanks!

Please follow this: hxxp://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html#sql-mode-changes, when set in my.cnf it should be  sql-mode , but there is also command line parameter --sql_mode that can be used to override configuration - but this depends on how your MySQL daemon is being started.

In case you wont be able to make it work, I would suggest to downgrade database to MySQL 5.6 that is fully supported by ERA. You are using database that was released later than testing of latest ERA has begun.