Fluey

k7en

so my nod32 doesnt found this "fluey" virus which changes my browser search engine and it's really annoying. can anyone help me how to delete this virus or whatever it is ? sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help

• ESET Staff

Hi @k7en,

Sometimes the Adwares make the changes to browsers and search engines, not necessary a "malware" in the meaning of "Virus".

I assume you have the latest version of ESET and is up-to-date on database (if not update pls).

If the start pages was modified, try to reset ALL your installed browsers to default state.

After that using the right button of your mouse explore all shortcuts for browsers and make

sure there is no "extras" on the load command.

What I say is: the shortcut only has to have the order to load the browser like "c:\program files\firefox\firefox.exe"

Any other text outside of the " delete.

Also search your installed programs  and uninstall all "search", "Ask", "imminent", etc fancy add-ons. there are Adware.

Let me know how goes. :)

• Administrators

Please drop me a pm with the following stuff attached:

1, the output from ESET Log Collector (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/)

2, compressed content of the c:\adwcleaner folder after running Adwcleaner (https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/)

Should the files be too large to attach to a pm, upload them to a safe location and pm me the download link(s).

Thanks for your help. It has been resolved. I found it (malware files) with eset sysinspector and deleted them manually but browser was redirecting no matter what, when I started second run and it happens that in second run NOD32 found all "dirty" files and cleaned them. It looks I just needed to refresh my browser.

Sorry for the fuzz. It was my own mistake.

Edited by k7en

• Administrators

Before deleting any suspicious files that were not detected by ESET, please submit them to samples[at]eset.com and wait with deletion until we confirm the receipt.