Windows 7 firewall

I'm confused. Earlier this year, I had posted that both ESS and Win7 Firewalls were on.

I just read a post somewhere that said that their windows firewall was on but managed by KIS. Out of curiosity, I checked and windows firewall was off and complaining that it was not using the recommended settings. ESS firewall and other protections are enabled and running. Did 6.0.316.0 disable windows firewall, or is my memory that it had been on foggy?

Should I renenable windows firewall with recommended settings?

Windows 7 64 bit, ESS 6.0.316.0.

I have the same issue,using ESS for years and both windows firewall and ESS firewall were on till now , we will be glad if someone can help/answer about this

I'm confused. Earlier this year, I had posted that both ESS and Win7 Firewalls were on.

I just read a post somewhere that said that their windows firewall was on but managed by KIS. Out of curiosity, I checked and windows firewall was off and complaining that it was not using the recommended settings. ESS firewall and other protections are enabled and running. Did 6.0.316.0 disable windows firewall, or is my memory that it had been on foggy?

Should I renenable windows firewall with recommended settings?

Windows 7 64 bit, ESS 6.0.316.0.

Hi DonH,

ESET (or windows) unsure which, has started automatically disabling the Windows Firewall.

There isn't really any need to reinstate the Windows firewall as the ESET firewall is more than adequate, by all means if you feel it is necccessary then re-activate the windows firewall but it really won't increase the protection you recieve.

Anony Mouse

x

• Most Valued Members

When looking at the Windows Firewall settings from the control panel shortcut it reads "These settings are being managed by vendor application ESET Smart Security"

System: Windows 7 premium x64

Edited by SCR

If your setup look like the screenshots below; then everthing is normal and alright, otherwise something is wrong.

Windows Action Center:

post-881-0-04821600-1376160094_thumb.png

Windows Firewall:

post-881-0-59442600-1376160068_thumb.png

I Hope this helps.

Well, it had been that I would see those screens but now they are:

Action Center

post-423-0-05377800-1376245973_thumb.jpg

Windows Firewall

post-423-0-75438000-1376246097_thumb.jpg

I have restarted Windows which changed Action Center, but Windows Firewall is still protesting.

I just saw another issue. Action Center is reporting that both Defender and ESS are turned on for antispyware and unwanted programs. It protests that only one should run.

I hate contradictions!

Did you try to click on the "Use recommended settings" button? If so, what happens?

BTW, Windows Defender and ESS work fine together IIRC, but you're better off turning Windows Defender off, you'll save some CPU cycles, and avoid the rare-if-ever possibility of conflict between the two.

Did you try to click on the "Use recommended settings" button? If so, what happens?

BTW, Windows Defender and ESS work fine together IIRC, but you're better off turning Windows Defender off, you'll save some CPU cycles, and avoid the rare-if-ever possibility of conflict between the two.

Bizarre. If I click to use recommended settings, it turns on Windows Firewall. Then Action Center reports that both Windows Firewall and Eset Person firewall are running and 2 or more firewalls running at the same time can cause conflicts. It's apparent that you can't please both windows tools. It's back to the 'old days' of trusing Eset and ignoring Windows.