So no fix then?  I get similar issue with the blue circle endlessly at start up delaying access to anything until my machine becomes responsive a couple of minutes later.  Again a fast machine 2.67GHz processor overclocked to 3.6GHz  and 6GB triple ddr memory and running O/S from WDC WD1600AAJS-22L7A0 ATA hard drive.

Hi kevvyb. Sorry to hear about your issue.

FYI I have a very slow machine compared to yours, and I do not have this issue. If you put your cursor on the blue circle in the tray when it is spinning what does the little popup say that it does, is it updating, or that a start-up scan is running, or?

In anycase, It shouldn't take several minutes like you say it does but let's see what ESET says.

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

I cannot find an answer to my question whether changing the integration type to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" followed by a computer restart makes a difference. If so, try to reproduce the issue with integration set to "Only scan application protocols" and let us know about your findings.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also had the same problem since version 5.  Basically when I do a clean install of the OS then install ESS I get an imediate WiFi or LAN connection on start up.  In fact as soon as my desk top page appears I can click on any of my browser incons via the quick launch buttons on the task bar and the page opens right away.  However, once I upgrade the program to a more recent version it makes my WiFi or LAN connection take about 2 minutes or so before if connects.  It's as though the internet connection got bumped to the bottom of a list of programs to be run on start up.  I wish someone would help.  I have been reluctant to install the lasted verson on my main system because I am not ready to back up everything and reinstall my OS only for this new version to get upgraded in a few days or weeks and leaving me to go through it all over again.  Don't get me wrong I love the program.  I just find it frustating to have to wait so long as the result of upgrading ESS versions.

I have the exact same experience, after upgrading from ess version 6 (on a clean os install, and no connection problems) to ess version 7 my WiFi connection has a delay of at least one minute before it connects. What's happening? It indeed seems like after upgrading to 7 it has ended at the end of the starting order list, or is ESS doing some (slow) inspection on the connection?

Any suggestions?

Hi Marcos,

Let me answer your question, "Personal firewall is completely disabled" followed by a computer restart does NOT make a difference.

WiFi connection is still 'delayed'. There were no differences in my situation, no hardware changes only an upgrade from ess 6 to ess 7.0.302.26

Before the upgrade no problems at all. I have a Core I5 laptop with 6 GB ram, so this should not be the problem :-).

Maybe a tech can look into this because it seems to affect more users.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally i found the solution for my particular problem. For some reason, after updating from ess 6 to 7 my wireless was really slow in obtaining an IP adress after starting Windows 7.

I removed my wireless network card (also selected to remove the software) from within the Device Manager. After a reboot Windows identified the wireless network card and (re)installed the software automatically, problem gone.....

Maybe it can be of any assistance for someone. ;)