change event notification output level

• Most Valued Members

on v8 the notifications in the down right corner would notify me when the modules were updated.

now on v9 i don't see when modules are updated.

how to set the program to notify me of such things?

• Most Valued Members

this is what i have set to the settings.

if i'm not mistaken i had the same setting in v8 and when modules were updated, the notification would pop up.

is the setting OK for the notifications to display the maximum info possible?

post-382-0-96635600-1450264373_thumb.png

• Most Valued Members

well there is plenty of disk space :ph34r:

beside the disk space and the large logs, being almost all day in front of the pc, i only see notifications about the virus signature update. after v9 i've never seen a notification about the update of the other modules.

on v8 i clearly remember seeing every once in a while a notification reporting "the modules have been updated", i've never seen one with v9.

what could it be wrong? before i install it i used the removal tool in safe mode and i started from scratch with all settings.

• ESET Insiders

Module updates have always occurred far more frequently than any module update notification. Version 9 seems no different to v8 in this regard.

The easiest and fastest way to check is to look at the dates in the "about" window. For example, the Advanced Antispam Module is more often than not updated every day, at least during Monday-Friday. :) I also think like stackz. Perhaps not all of the modules is triggering a update notification to show up when it gets updated, but only some of the modules.

Advanced antispam module: 2943P (20151217)

Edited by SweX