Does version 9.0349 resolve the "protocol" error ...

howardagoldberg

• Administrators

There can be several causes of the error, e.g. dependent system services not starting at all. If your ESET's protection status turned green from red after a while, then 9.0.349 will likely resolve the issue for you.

Oh, I pray that 9 fixes all the problems I had with it but I don't see anything mentioned in the fixes.

Nonetheless, I will try it on a sacrificial computer with my fingers crossed. :unsure:

Oh, I pray that 9 fixes all the problems I had with it but I don't see anything mentioned in the fixes.

Nonetheless, I will try it on a sacrificial computer with my fingers crossed. :unsure:

No, looks like I have the same problem - slow to load pages - seeing the "connecting"  message too many times. Doesn't happen with version 8 but I will leave it on the "test" computer for a few days.

For the record, my download speed is 59+Mbps here.

• Administrators

No, looks like I have the same problem - slow to load pages - seeing the "connecting"  message too many times. Doesn't happen with version 8 but I will leave it on the "test" computer for a few days.

Does temporarily disabling SSL/TLS scanning make a difference? This was disabled in older versions but enabled as of v9 by default. Also v9 currently uses a newer Internet protection module than v8 so if disabling SSL scanning doesn't help, install Internet protection module 1173.12 (the same that v8 has) as follows:

- download and extract the files from the attached archive to your disk

- temporarily disable automatic update tasks in scheduler so that the module is not updated during the test

- start Windows in safe mode

- back up em019_32.dat and em019_64.dat in the ESET install folder and replace them with the attached ones

- boot to normal mode and try to reproduce the issue.

After you've finished the test, remember to re-enable automatic update tasks and let us know about your findings.

em019_1173.rar

Does temporarily disabling SSL/TLS scanning make a difference? This was disabled in older versions but enabled as of v9 by default. Also v9 currently uses a newer Internet protection module than v8 so if disabling SSL scanning doesn't help, install Internet protection module 1173.12 (the same that v8 has) as follows:

- temporarily disable automatic update tasks in scheduler so that the module is not updated during the test

- back up em019_32.dat and em019_64.dat in the ESET install folder and replace them with the attached ones

After you've finished the test, remember to re-enable automatic update tasks and let us know about your findings.

Thanks for the information Marcos. Most appreciated. :)

Once I was able to find where to disable SSL/TLS all was well and it behaves just like version 8.

NOW, the rest of your instructions are over my head. I do not possess the necessary computer skills.

SO, would you recommend disabling SSL/TLS permanently or going back to version 8?

My other computers are working fine on Version 8.

Thanks again Marcos.