Eset Banking & Payment Protection & Lastpass

Go to solution Solved by genevieve.qld,

It appears that it isn't possible to add Lastpass to the secure browser? Is this because all add-ons are disabled? If so, is there any other password manager that can be used in conjunction with the secure browser ... which in my case, is Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started using Smart Security a few days ago and have just ran into this wall as well. The best I can come up with is to just revert to your existing browser with the Lastpass add-on. Or, of course, use the ESET secure browser and just enter your passwords directly. 

Yes Paul, when I didn't get any response to my post, I found the KB article showing how to disable the Smart Security feature and am now back to using Lastpass in FF as previously.  I have too many banking sites & different (hopefully secure) passwords to bother with the manual entry method :)

• ESET Staff

Hi @genevieve.qld,

If you're looking for a password manager I can suggest you Keepass.

If "lastpass" is an add-on to the browser, yes, will be disable in the protected browser because

the main idea is to have a browser clean, secure and with no other software listen your transactions.

• Solution

Thanks for the suggestion  GonzaloA.  I think I might have trialled Keepass at some time in the past, but have been using LastPass for at least 5-6 years now and pretty much stuck with it. I might take another look at Keepass as a backup for banking passwords, seeing it's a stand-alone program so can be used independently of the browser.

Regards

genevieve.qld