start up program

Guest Danny

Hello,

I have a program in my msconfig file listed as "eset-phase2.exe"

can anyone tell me if this is part of any ESET product?

thanks

Danny

Googling produces No Real Definition of this as a malware, etc. ( that i saw), so IF you don't want to wait on Marcos to post some Help I'd make a Sppt Request via Rt Clk Eset Eye/ Home/ Help-Sppt/ fill out the recommended Cust Sppt req/ Case Type: Threats and Infiltrations and Issue Type: Other Threat Issue --- repeat your question here in the Issue Description box.

I don't show this File but it appears in Google results because someone else has seen it. Good luck.

• ESET Insiders

It's likely an AutoIt v3 Compiled Script supposedly written by Elie Cohen (ESET, LLC) who is definitely not an employee of ESET.
(Just Google Elie Cohen)

Open up task manager and kill the process, uncheck it in msconfig, then follow the instructions for submitting a suspicious file at:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/soln141&ref=esf

There is an Elie Cohen that works for ESET North America, however, he does not show up on the first page of Google. ESET-Phase2.exe is a legitimate process that installs when utilizing the Intel motherboard trial version of ESET. If you have not activated your product yet, the service will run at each reboot. Once you activate your product, it should delete itself.