How to reconnect client?

• ESET Insiders

I am using ESET ERA version 6.0. there are 50 clients connected to the ERA server. Unfortunately My ERA server is crashed and i had to format it and installed same OS (Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1) And also i had reinstalled the ERA server with same version but all clents are not communicating with server.

so if u have corrent solution then please send me on the same email address.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

In order for the Agents to connect to the server, the certificates need to match.

If you exported your CA from the original server when it was running, you can now import it and the Agents will connect.

If you did not, the Agents won't connect. You need to reinstall the Agents with a new certificate, signed by the current server's CA.

• ESET Moderators

If you go to Admin > Certificates > Certification Authorities, you can click on Actions > Import Public Key.

After importing the CA, the agents will continue to connect (as their certificate was signed by a CA which is now present on the server), provided the server's hostname or IP address configured at the agent will point to the machine where the server is currently installed.

At this point, you can create a new certificate signed by the CA that was created during the new server's installation and then create a policy for all your agents in which you will change their certificate to the new one.

This last step is optional - as long as you keep the previous CA imported, the agents will continue to connect. You will just not be able to create new certificates with the imported CA, only using the new CA.