Version 5.0.2228.1 - Outlook 2010

eric_ng

Hello,

This is regarding outlook message body being deleted. The only thing that remains is the subject and sender. No signature or anything. Windows 7 OS with Office 2010 suite. No other anti virus other than ESET. I tried removing the add-in for outlook and still the same results. Disabled email scanning. Not sure what else to try.

Thank you,

Eric

As this is a drastic step to take for one isolated issue we would like to hold off in upgrading our entire office to the latest version. This issue was supposed to be solved with 5.0 and above. 

I have removed eset software from the affected computer and repaired office suite but something is still deleting the message. I don't have ESET install on the exchange folder.

What else can I try besides upgrading the client version.

• ESET Moderators

Sorry for the confusion, I did not mean upgrading to v6, but to use the latest build of the v5, as version 5.0.2228 is not the latest one.

However, as you have already removed our product and the issue still persists, I believe it is not caused by ESET product.

It's still being scanned by ESET I believe.

This is what I see when someone sends an email to the affected user.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 12324 (20150928) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

hxxp://www.eset.com

• ESET Moderators

Well you said that you have removed the ESET product from that computer and that you don't have any ESET product on your server either. So do you or don't you have some ESET product installed?

Could it be that the sender uses our product and the message is inserted on their side when sending the email?