After upgrading to Windows 10, activation problems

Hello,

Long time ESET user.

I have a 3 pc license good until January.

Recently after installing Windows 10, I can only run two licenses at a time. Always one or the other of two of the pc's will tell me within an hour of reinstalling/reactivation that the license has expired and throws a big message across the screen to either uninstall or renew the license!

I completely uninstalled Smart security on these two machines, and started over using only name/password. Within an hour activation will fail on one of them at random, so for now I gave up and uninstalled ESET on one of the machines that is used less. Also it did not matter if one of the pc's had ESET installed with only the  activation code, it would randomly fail as well. Right now the two pc's still running ESET use the name/password activation.

Fortunately the third pc in another room has not been affected.

Any help? I do have a support email in but in the mean time one pc is not protected.

Thanks.

• Administrators

Please collect logs using ESET Log Collector and send it to me via a personal message along with a screen shot of the warning you're getting.

Please collect logs using ESET Log Collector and send it to me via a personal message along with a screen shot of the warning you're getting.

I will attempt reinstalling. Is ESET Log Collector a separate utility? If so where do I get it?

The link to ESET Log Collector as well as the instructions on its usage can be found at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/

Thanks, I found it.

OK I reinstalled ESET on the current problem machine but did one thing different. In the past whenever I have to install/reinstall ESET I have used a saved ESET settings .xml file that I import with my settings. Since this was actually made several versions and/or licenses back, could this have been causing the problems? I mean I don't know if username/password gets imbedded into the saved setup file somehow but this time I manually setup ESET to allow traffic with the rest of my home network instead of using the saved setup file.

So far, so good, I will see how it goes over coming days as I have time to access the computer and see if it continues to work well or throws up another message.