ESS scans large file too fast

I searched the forums and could not find this exact problem covered anywhere.

The problem is when I scan large files.  In this case I downloaded the trial version of VMware workstation v12 from the VMware website. After the download completed I scanned the file (file size: 306,299,040). The method being by right-clicking the .exe file and the select "Scan with ESET Smart Security". It didn't seem to scan anything and immediately show scanned successfully.

Please see attached screenshot.

post-8593-0-75442700-1440944330_thumb.jpg

This had happened before with large files but now I'm thinking something might be set incorrectly, a file that large shouldn't scan in the blink of an eye.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Most Valued Members

i downloaded and scanned the file which is about 300MB and it compelted in 0 seconds. since no malware was found you are good to go ;)

Probably it's been already scanned or the entire file is whitelisted and trusted.

I don't see how it could already have been scanned. It had just completed downloading from the website which is why I was running the scan.

i downloaded and scanned the file which is about 300MB and it compelted in 0 seconds. since no malware was found you are good to go ;)

That's kinda' my point, it took 0 seconds to scan a 300mb file?? It just seems like it's not really scanning and just saying it's complete.

• Administrators

1, It would have already been scanned by web protection upon download.

2, Since it's a VMWare installer, it's most likely trusted and thus excluded from scanning. You can try temporarily disabling LiveGrid and Smart optimization if you want to scan it completely.