Activation prompt

ronmanp
Go to solution Solved by jimwillsher,

After a silent install the activation prompt pops up. 

I have a client task that will run within minutes so that prompt is unnecessary and causes confusions with end-users because they think ESET is not activated so they create support tickets.

How can I stop this? I have a cfg.xml file along my MSI to apply policies while installing with all application statuses disabled but the prompt still shows. Would changing the "minimum verbosity of events to display" to "errors" only do the trick?

What can I do to make this work?

Thanks 

• Administrators

First of all, it's not clear if you mean Endpoint v5 or v6. If the latter, you should deploy agent which will subsequently download and install Endpoint if you push a software install task. In such case, no activation window pops up.

We are on version 6 and the software install task is not an option. We are a company across different countries with thousand of endpoints. We use SCCM to deploy the MSI.

Btw, it appears all settings from my cfg.xml are applied correctly during install except "Minimum verbosity of events to display". If I manually import it again after the installtion it work though. 

• Administrators

You can install Endpoint with the parameter INSTALLED_BY_ERA=1 so that the activation window doesn't appear and activate it later via ERA or using an offline license file. Or you mean that you don't use ERA at all? ERA can manage dozens of thousands of Endpoint installations around the world. If you install ERA proxy in particular offices, the ERA agent installed on computers in an office will talk to it (instead of ERAS) and ERA Proxy will subsequently report to your main ERA Server.

We do use ERA 6 to activate our endpoints with a client task. That parameter sounds like it's exactly what I need so I'll try it now. 

I'm sure ERA 6 is good to deploy software but it can't compare to SCCM's feature set.

Thanks to both of you.

• Administrators

I'm sure ERA 6 is good to deploy software but it can't compare to SCCM's feature set.

If you miss some features that you think would be good to have, just let us know. We listen to our users and do our best to tailor ERA to your needs. Also the new version of ERA 6.2 which is about to be released soon is based on users' feedback and will contain many enhancements to make your work easier.

Glad to hear that, but to be honest even if ERA was on-par with SCCM for software deployment I wouldn't use it because it wouldn't make sense to build additional servers at each site when we have a solution for software deployment already.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. Each environment has different needs.

Thanks for the help. I can confirm the parameter works.