Renewal question.

Pentode

I have Nod32 anti virus the renewal date is the back end of November, I want to purchase another license for a laptop..... obviously, buying  two separate programs would work out more than buying one for two machines.

What is the procedure, I'm after updating one and buy another, any advice appreciated. 

Just a 'quickie' while I'm here. Am I right in thinking I could transfer the license of the XP machine over to a Linux operating system?

Thanks,  Dave

Hello Dave. I say just go ahead and get the second license as you cannot renew your existing one until 60 days before your license expires, or up to 60 days after.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN570&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1439990726192

So in my opinion (in that case), keeping them separate makes sense.

As for as the XP to Linux issue-I believe it boils down to product cost. If the cost is the same I THINK that should not be an issue. You might want to call sales (in the US +1 (866) 343-3738-have your ESET issued username handy) just to verify.

Edited by TomFace

Don't make any sense at all now does it? I mean I can just let the license run out and reapply couldn't I rather than pay for two individual licenses as you seem to indicate.  As I see it either ESET want's my custom or they don't.

Secondly..... If my computer breaks down right, I re-insert the license on the new computer which happens to have  a Linux rather than XP pro say, no problem there right?    Sorry I shouldn't have asked that question, just answered it myself.

I've got onto customer service for clarification shortly after the original post, thanks anyway

Dave

Edited by Pentode

Whatever...all depends on what you want when and what's important to you.

It's your dime and PC.

Good luck.

Edited by TomFace