ERA 6 Computer Names

Hello,

I have noticed that when we rename a computer on the domain, that change does not get reflected in the ERA console (at least not through several client check-ins). Is there a setting or something I am missing to get the client to send updated computer name information to ERA? I have found an article addressing it with older version but not 6.

Thanks!

Joe

• Administrators

Client renaming will be possible via a task (that can be bound to a dynamic group for instance) as of ERA 6.2 which is going to be unveiled within just a few weeks.

Hello,

I have noticed that when we rename a computer on the domain, that change does not get reflected in the ERA console (at least not through several client check-ins). Is there a setting or something I am missing to get the client to send updated computer name information to ERA? I have found an article addressing it with older version but not 6.

Thanks!

Joe

This is one of those fine features of ERA 6.1 that makes it so nice and easy to use :)

Client renaming will be possible via a task (that can be bound to a dynamic group for instance) as of ERA 6.2 which is going to be unveiled within just a few weeks.

Just to rename client in ERA we have to use task? Or do you mean renaming client hostname from ERA?