HIPS is disabled and it won't enable

mschwarzkopf

Like the title says, HIPS has been disabled, there are three possible things that caused it but I'm not sure which direction to take, so I am looking for your advice.  I recently installed "PC-Wizard 2013", "Find Drivers with DriverAgent" and finally Windows 10.  I'm not sure when the HIPS became disabled so not sure what direction to head.  Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Do you have Windows 10 RTM build 10240 installed? Is it 32 or 64-bit? Please post the information about installed modules from the About window.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am currently having the same issues as the OP was having about 9 days ago. I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro with ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS 8 and HIPS is currently disabled and I can't get it to enable itself. 

My OS version is Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 (Build 10240) and ESET virus signature database version is 12105 (20150817) and the installed version is 8.0.304.0. 

The only thing I have tried so far is set the update settings to pre-release update so I could download the latest build, which I did and HIPS is still disabled. 

I didn't want to create a new thread as there's this one left unanswered and I hope this gets noticed. 

Thank you! 

• Administrators

Let's try installing the latest version 8.0.319:

8.0.319.0 changelog
Added: Compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10 RTM build 10240

The problem got fixed after I restarted my PC again after updating the virus signature database version to 12105 (20150817). 

So basically the fix (after upgrading to  OS 10) was to set ESET to pre-release updates, restart PC, update the signature database and then restart again and HIPS was enabled. 

And now I also updated the product version to 8.0.319, thanks for letting me know Marcos.

Regards!

Edited by Zotac

HIPS is now broken again by build 10525 of Windows 10 (insider preview}.

To make it worse I'm also getting a popup advising me to enable Windows Defender :lol:

• Administrators

HIPS won't work with any unsupported version of OS. Haven't heard of build 10525, will need to check it with our devs if Microsoft has provided symbols to developers.

HIPS won't work with any unsupported version of OS. Haven't heard of build 10525, will need to check it with our devs if Microsoft has provided symbols to developers.

Thanks Marcos.

Build 10525 was only released to Windows Insiders yesterday, so it's early days yet but I assume alot of the code is likely to be part of Windows 10 SR1 which will allegedly be released in October.

Edited by DinGo

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Got exact same problem with NOD32 v9.0.386.0 on Windows 10 build 10586.545

Does the problem persist after upgrading to v9.0.402 and restarting the computer once or twice make a difference? Should the problem persist, run "sc quert ehdrv" as an administrator and post the output.

Got exact same problem with NOD32 v9.0.386.0 on Windows 10 build 10586.545

Does the problem persist after upgrading to v9.0.942 and restarting the computer once or twice make a difference? Should the problem persist, run "sc quert ehdrv" as an administrator and post the output.

Well, as I reported in my other (related) post, I got an auto-update to 9.0.402 a couple of days ago, which also exhibited the same HIPS syndrome.

v9.0.942 is another update in the last couple of days? App hasn't picked that up as available? I'll need to look at this evening, but does it specifically address the HIPS problem?

• Administrators

Sorry,it was a typo. I meant 9.0.402. Please collect logs using Eset Log Collector and pm me the generated package with logs.

Sorry,it was a typo. I meant 9.0.402. Please collect logs using Eset Log Collector and pm me the generated package with logs.

Ah OK - had me well confused  :D