Custom ESET 6 Endpoint AV Installer

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible and if so how to go about creating a custom ESET 6 a/v installer for Windows and Mac with our license key placed into some type of preference file?  Or will this automatically be pulled down from the ESET Remote Admin server provided the ERA client is already installed on the machine?

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

Creating custom installers is not possible. However, there is a dynamic group "Not activated security product" and you can assign a product activation task to it. If you deploy agent on workstations (through GPO for instance) and then send a software install task to Endpoint, agent will move it to that dynamic group and Endpoint will get activated automatically.

• 2 months later...

So, Marcos, I have a question for you:

I'd also like a custom installer. Manually running the latest installer for Eset Endpoint Antivirus for OS X, I noticed the option to create a customized "Remote Install". This allows me to remove certain components (like Email protection - we only use web mail clients) from the resulting installation. It's just less to manage. Less is good :)

I would love to see this type of custom install through ERA6 with installation parameters, which I believe are currently useful for Windows .msi installs only. Correct?

So, I'm wondering this: is it ok to deploy this custom Remote install and the ERA6 agent (the shell script generated from ERA6 and modified to point to my own local repo URL) through my own package management system and then manage with ERA6? Or is this just a setup for issues later on?

Let me know if I need to provide more details.