Can Access my site

Leaddog

Hi,

I bought an expired domain from GoDaddy auctions and built a blank wordpress blog on it.  When I went to view it I got the "access denied" alert.  The site has been reported as blah blah....

Well no problem I did a search and found an article telling me how to fix it here.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2960&locale=en_US

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I even added it to the allowed domains.  That didn't help.

Then when I noticed on the video at hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=VIDEO93

I noticed the gal had quotes around the whole thing.  AHA... that must be it.

Nope.  Still doesn't work..

Restarted the browser.  Rebooted the machine.  Nothing worked.

So best I can tell that feature simply doesn't work.

My domain I just built this morning is at hxxp://www.thephilatelist.net

Any help would be appreciated.

Rex

• Administrators

The website no longer contains the malware detected in the past. It will be unblocked in the next update. Next time, we recommend reporting blocked websites to ESET as per the instructions here.

The website no longer contains the malware detected in the past. It will be unblocked in the next update. Next time, we recommend reporting blocked websites to ESET as per the instructions here.

I was planning on that but that still does not address the problem that the software does not work right.  AND I still can't view my own website right now as I develop the code.  You have instructions on your site about how to fix this from April this year which do not work unless I have done something wrong.

Edited by Leaddog

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I am unsure of what part of my colleague Marcos' reply was confusing, but let me see if I can help explain things: You apparently purchased a domain which hosted malicious software. As such, the domain was flagged as being unsafe and blocked by ESET in order to prevent our users from being infected if they clicked on a link to it. Blocking malicious web sites is a function of anti-malware software these days (beyond just the classic scanning of files-type operation).

You then purchased the domain and set up a blog on it, and found out it was blocked by ESET's software. You notified ESET of this, and ESET's threat researchers verified the site is now clear of malware and have unblocked it in the software. I just visited the site from a computer running ESET Smart Security 7.0.104.0 with virus signature database 8583P and saw the "Hello World" page without receiving any notification, which would confirm that that site is, indeed, safe to visit and no longer blocked.

Everything appears to be okay now, and you will just want to make sure to keep your WordPress installation and other third-party plugins and tools on the site up-to-date so that an attacker cannot compromise it (apparently the previous owner either did not do that).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I was planning on that but that still does not address the problem that the software does not work right.  AND I still can't view my own website right now as I develop the code.  You have instructions on your site about how to fix this from April this year which do not work unless I have done something wrong.