NOD32 manual uninstall?

RonT

Tried a manual uninstall of NOD32 trial version. It did not uninstall.

It no longer appears in the list of add or remove programs.

Please! How can I uninstall?

• ESET Staff

Hi Ron,

I am, assuming that you followed the instructions from our Knowledgebase article when performing your manual uninstall. Please do so if you did not during your first attempt. It may be necessary in some cases to repeat this procedure several times to fully remove the software.

What data? What harm?

In safe mode uninstaller run:

"WARNING! This tool uninstalls AV product in a non standard way. Your PC can be harmed seriously, please back up your data."

How seriously? Sounds like a gamble to me. I'm afraid, in my ignorance, to use it.

• ESET Staff

This warning exists primarily because the uninstaller will make edits to your registry. While these changes are only made to the part of the registry where ESET is installed, it is always best to have a backup available any time that you are going to edit registry entries because of the potential for damage if the wrong entry is edited.

We do recommend that you back up your system prior to running the uninstaller tool. In my experience using the tool the only issues I have seen are the networking issues that are called out in the article which may or may not affect you depending on your operating system.

Okay then.

I was anxious to uninstall NOD because another antivirus program that I was testing simply turned off and became inaccessible for no explicable reason so I thought they could be conflicting.

The other one just now started operating  (after a few hours) again for no explicable reason so:

Since I am using only the trial version of NOD32 I'll just wait for the trial expiration at which time I expect it will be deactivated.

Or who knows I might decide to keep it and discard the other but i do get a bad taste in my mouth when an installed program gets barbed hooks inside my system.

Thank you very much.  :)

• Administrators

Every antivirus software must hook deeply in the OS, otherwise it wouldn't be able to protect you against advanced malware like rootkits or bootkits.