Hello,

I have seem good software turn into horrible software, but i don't think i've ever seen an fail so epic as era6. 

Does anyone really have a working domain that they manage with era6?

Regards

Gert

Hi Gert

I'm managing 5 remote domains successfully, with 164 clients. What do you need assistance with? I only have two local clients, the rest are all remote and on separate domains, but I've not hitting any problems.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Thank you for your response, it is good to know that someone actually manages to use the thing.

I had no problems with ERA5, it was a really good system. ERA6 on the other hand, gives me nothing but problems, clients don't always install, some tasks just don't run, etc. ERA6 couldn't even install AV on the same server it was running on - the task just wouldn't run. My experience with ERA6 is that, I would rather step on a rusty nail than use it.

All I really wanted to say was that, if i wanted to manage a slow moving multilayered monster like SCCM, have little or no manual control and spend my days reading logs, forums and help files, I would install SCCM and get free AV. 

Only good news is that i bought licenses for 1 year, maybe ERA5 will work until then.

All the best

Gert

• Administrators

ERA v6 was re-designed from scratch to fulfill requirements of administrators from around the world. It's expected that upgrade to a brand new product will not be as easy as upgrade from a previous version of a product if it hasn't changed much and basically only some new features have been added. The new version provides possibilities that were not possible with older versions. For instance, you can create a dynamic group and bind a policy to it that will disconnect a computer from network if an active threat has been detected and will automatically re-connect the computer to the network once all threats has been cleaned.

For upgrades from older versions, we recommend testing ERA v6 in a test environment until administrators get familiar with how it works. If there are issues reported, it's usually because of misunderstanding of the new version and the way it works. I would really like to look into the issues you've run into and check logs for possible errors. I, for one, haven't had issues with any of the tasks you've mentioned. Also I haven't come across a case when a task wouldn't run at all; at least it should end up with an error. We don't know for how long you waited for the tasks to complete, how frequently agents connect to ERAS, whether you sent a wake-up call to the computer(s) to enforce connection to ERAS, etc.