If you use an ad-blocker then we redirect you to malware.

SweX

Our team is already making a program to give the user a virus if they enter with an adblocker. Our site, our rules ...

https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28581#p119403

Source: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/page-37#post-2480099

I for one, would not have a big problem with ads on websites if they didn't invade on my privacy, was not blinking and flashing like crazy, animated like videos, popups in my face, slowed down my web experience, track me when I leave the site etc etc etc....

They should be like in the good old newspaper (and magazines for that matter), not in my face (except the full page ads), is not animated or flashing to steal my attention, and does not track me when I put the newspaper down and walk away.

The AD industry needs to solve what they have created with all this crapp before it's too late. Why ? Because the Internet would become a boring closed-down world if too many websites started "paywalling" users when they browse their site, and hide away too much content for "premium" paying users.

Trying to give malware to visitors that use ad-blockers...great idea smarty, not!

"Our team is already making a program to give the user a virus if they enter with an adblocker. Our site, our rules ..."

https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28581#p119403

Brilliant plan :wacko:!

Just curious SweX, do you know what websites should be avoided? :huh:

Edited by TomFace

• ESET Insiders

Just curious SweX, do you know what websites should be avoided? :huh:

Seems someone on the forum has already uncovered who is posting the rubbish on the adblock forum: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28581#p121718

My POV is is that I run a lightweight ad-blocker called Bluehell - it blocks most of the 'annoying' adverts.

If you mean sites that push malware on people that use ad-blockers ? No sorry, it's actually the first time I read that a website owner hopes that if he threat users with malware people might reconsider the use of ad-blockers, shame he totally fails to understand why so many people choose to use ad-blockers, and what he as a site owner can do about it!

After Martin began issuing dubious "official" earthquake warnings, "official" hurricane watches, and "official" tornado warnings (despite U.S. Code 18 § 2074 specifically penalising false weather reports branded "official"), the National Weather Service Headquarters issued a press release advising the public not to confuse official NWS or NOAA warnings with Martin's made-up stuff.

Martin does not have any formal education or qualifications in meteorology but insists he was born with "gifts" that allow him to to forecast the weather".

In February 2014, a Daily Kos weather blogger refuted Martin's warnings of a blockbuster winter storm, calling TheWeatherSpace.com an "infamous conspiracy theory website" and Martin "a fake "meteorologist" who thrives on creating hoax weather forecasts in order to drive page hits to his website for ad revenue".

hxxp://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Martin

This guy really is something else.

Edited by SweX

Is that site safe? If that's the site doing the malvertising... I wonder why people can't make ads that appear for like 3-5 then just auto-hides itself. That way there would be no need for adblockers. I mean the ads are there for the site view count no? I doubt anyone with adblocks would click on them anyway much less anyone else not using adblockers unless by accident.

If you mean sites that push malware on people that use ad-blockers ? No sorry, it's actually the first time I read that a website owner hopes that if he threat users with malware people might reconsider the use of ad-blockers, shame he totally fails to understand why so many people choose to use ad-blockers, and what he as a site owner can do about it!

After Martin began issuing dubious "official" earthquake warnings, "official" hurricane watches, and "official" tornado warnings (despite U.S. Code 18 § 2074 specifically penalising false weather reports branded "official"), the National Weather Service Headquarters issued a press release advising the public not to confuse official NWS or NOAA warnings with Martin's made-up stuff.

Martin does not have any formal education or qualifications in meteorology but insists he was born with "gifts" that allow him to to forecast the weather".

In February 2014, a Daily Kos weather blogger refuted Martin's warnings of a blockbuster winter storm, calling TheWeatherSpace.com an "infamous conspiracy theory website" and Martin "a fake "meteorologist" who thrives on creating hoax weather forecasts in order to drive page hits to his website for ad revenue".

hxxp://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Martin

This guy really is something else.

I think you just made the understatement of the year! :D

Edited by TomFace