Hello and welcome Willie. Running multiple antivirus programs is not a good idea. They can conflict causing problems on your PC-slowing it down and maybe crashing it. I like ESET Smart Security-it has protected me for years and is light. Other folks can give you more technical reasons, I just know it protects me, day in and day out. 

Edited by TomFace

Hello,

No, you can't use Norton and ESET together at the same time. There are products that have been "designed" to be able to co-exist and be used alongside another product, but there is still no guarantee they will get along at all times. So I always recommend 1 real-time product only, not to mention that the resource usage would also be higher running 2 real-time products.

So pick one of them and forget about the other one. No need to mention which one you should pick I guess...

Edited by SweX

You can only run one antivirus real time protection. If another will even install, it can only be run on demand . Some antivirus programs may not be

able to not be run all the time. Many users run Malwarebytes along with an antivirus.

FYI....Here's a write up by a very good friend of this forum concerning ESET and Malwarebytes. Since then (1-2014), I too run Malwarebytes in real time without any issues (I've run it both ways). Enjoy:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/1714-eset-and-malwarebytes-comparison/

Edited by TomFace