can´t access Zones and Rules Editor

Hi,

i´m using Smart Security 6 an have a strange problem:

if i want to edit rules for the firewall the window opens in the back of the original settingswindow wich i then cant move so i cant access the rules window.

Propably this is some really stupid settings issue but i can´t figure it out so i would be happy if someone could help me with this.

Thanks!

System:
Windows 7 Professional

Yes it does have that option but it doesnt work. Anyway the task bar menu doesnt work once i klick the button for the zones editor. and obviusly i can neither move nor close the window in front.

At first of course I would recommend to upgrade to the newest ESS version.

However about your issue: How do you access the rules and zones editor?

At least in the new version there are two ways. One time through all settings (F5) and one time in the main GUI under "Settings"  → "Network".

Okay, you talk about the settings window so I assume you're using the first way. What happens if you use the other way?

Additionally can you move the "advanced settings" window before you click on the button to open the rules and zones editor? If so you could move it to another place so that it won't overlap the rules and zones window. (At least in my case the rules and zones editor window is always centered on the screen after opening it)

And finally does it only happen to the rules and zones editor or does it also happen when you for example open the dialog for changing the trusted zone?

Edited by rugk

Doesnt happen when opening the "trustet zones" or any other dialog

Both ways dont work.

Update also doesnt work.

Moving the window before clicking the button also doesnt work (obviusly i already had that idea)

Maybe i should try downloading the installer of the most recent version and reinstall ESS?.

Edited by _Luke_