Help needed to create new dynamic group for automatic deployment

Go to solution Solved by Timos,

I want to create a dynamic group which contains all windows clients that do not have the latest ESET antivirus 6 running. This dynamic group should contain all clients which are running an old antivirus or no antivirus at all.

Next step would be to use this dynamic group as a trigger for an deployment task in order to get the latest antivirus software installated on the clients automatically.

The remote agent is already installed on the clients (using GPO and 'run once' registry key).

Can someone give mit a hint how I have to setup the dynamic group template expressions?

Is there some documentation about the expressions available?

Regards

Brummel

• Former ESET Employees
  • Solution

Dynamic group templates should look like this.

First is for computers with "ESET Endpoint Security" installed but versions 0,1,2,3,4 and 5

Second is for computers without "ESET Endpoint Security" installed. See NOR operation.

I recommend to move dynamic group with these templates undes Windows dynamic group and then create client tasks triggered by Join of these dynamic groups.

Be aware that this client task will be triggered only and everytime dynamic group is joined. If computer is already in dynamic group and task is created, it will not be executed on computers that are already in this group.

post-6644-0-39557200-1425986232_thumb.png

Thanks for your help.

Some remarks:

• I setup the filter for the application name as "has prefix": "ESET Endpoint" in order to get the different Endpoint products
  • My regex for the application version is: ^[0-5]\..+

• Administrators

Thanks for your help.

Some remarks:

• I setup the filter for the application name as "has prefix": "ESET Endpoint" in order to get the different Endpoint products
  • My regex for the application version is: ^[0-5]\..+

There are several ways how to enter desired regular expressions, yours is ok as well :)

• 5 weeks later...

I recommend to move dynamic group with these templates undes Windows dynamic group and then create client tasks triggered by Join of these dynamic groups.

Be aware that this client task will be triggered only and everytime dynamic group is joined. If computer is already in dynamic group and task is created, it will not be executed on computers that are already in this group.

So is there any way to setup a trigger to trigger every 30 minutes to get around this problem?  I can't seem to find a way to do this except triggering daily which is not enough.  I'm looking at using hte CRON expression to do this but it's pretty confusing to me but does this look right as an expression to trigger every 10 minutes starting immediately?  "0 0/10 * 1/1 * ? *"

• Former ESET Employees

0 0/10 * * * ? *

This CRON will trigger every 10 minutes, every year, every day, every hour at 00 minutes. For example 9:00, 9:10, 9:20, ...

Immiadietely is not possible, it will start on nearest 10 minute interval.

You can find more about ESET Cron here: hxxp://help.eset.com/era/6/en-US/index.html?cron_expression.htm

How would I create the DG that was OS specific?

I get the part about the NOR Installed Software = ESET

But how would I make that out to be Windows 7 AND ESET not installed?

I would guess this, but there isn't a not contains comparisson

NOR

Installed Software = ESET

OS Name not_contains Windows 7 

• Former ESET Employees

Create dynamic group with template: OS Name contains Windows 7.

Create dynamic group with template: ESET product not installed.

Move one group under another like this:

post-6644-0-46938900-1429087793_thumb.png

And in the lower group should see computers with following condition met: OS Name contains Windows 7 AND ESET product not installed

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to do something similar, except make a dynamic group that shows computers without an agent, and then use that as a trigger to automatically install an agent. However I can't figure out what to use. In the template I've used Activation . Managed by ESET Remote Administrator = no . I've also tried Computer . Managed products mask with agent selected and a NOR.  With both nothing shows up in the group. Any other thoughts?

• Former ESET Employees

Only computers with Agent can be in dynamic groups. So Agentless computer cannot be member of dynamic group.

But, you can sort computers by Status in Computers screen and run deployment task on them.

• 2 years later...

I need to update ESET clients, that either have an english or portuguese language version. On the template creation how can I specify which of these two is the language of the security product? I only found an option for OS language, but that might not be the same as the product.