Network access protection system extension was blocked by macOS (EES v8.1.6 on MacOS 15)

After updating to EES v8.1.6, I received an error message saying that the "Network access protection system extension was blocked by macOS." However, there does not seem to be a way to resolve this. I have tried reinstalling EES. There is also no alert in the Privacy and Security settings to enable extensions.

Log message:
Time;Component;Event;User
18/9/2024, 6:28 am;Network access protection extension manager;Network access protection system extension was blocked by macOS. To fully protect your computer, enable Network access protection to load system extensions.;root

I have the same problem. Mac updated to OS Sequoia 15.0. Installed ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.6.0

On this particular Mac I am missing the web & email filters under network > filter

It doesn't matter how much enable/disable ESET under full disk access - the problem seems to be that I am missing the filters. There is no way I can't get the "allow/don't allow" question for the filters. Tried reinstalling and restarting the mac several times

Installing ESET Endpoint Security on Mac OS gives me a giant headache nowadays. How am I supposed to manage this if everytime a new update comes out I have to manually approve permissions in 3 different location settings for 50 users? Especially the "details" button in Security & Privacy is very easy to miss. You get 3 popups that just open the System preferences window but doesn't point to anything specific.

The "normal" user can't find (and just doesn't want to) search for all these permissions everytime there is a big new update.. 

Please fix this ASAP.

• ESET Staff

Bas, this is problem of macOS itself. Apple decided som years ago that some actions in the system could not be done without user consent. Allowing system extensions is one of actions protected by user consent. So if you are not satisfied with this behavior you have to write to Apple. We can do only what is allowed by macOS.

• ESET Staff

It is hard to help because information provided here is not sufficient for finding specific advice.

Generally, v8 added new feature - Firewall. So if you upgraded from older version without firewall, you have to enable firewall system extension in macOS. In this situation onboarding wizard should be executed after product update. Wizard could help you setup macOS and solve your problems.

If wizard was not executed or you closed it you could rerun it once again. It is as bundle in application bundle in helper subfolder. Or run this from command line:

open /Applications/ESET\ Endpoint\ Security.app/Contents/Helpers/Onboarding.app 

• ESET Staff

Apple supported solution to manage this user consent stuff is to use MDM. Bass, I understand that it is hard to do user consent action on 50 Macs, but this situation is created by Apple and according Apple recommendation you should use MDM to manage those Macs. 

Thanks everyone, I will try to run the onboarding command. 

I have learned to live with the manual "hands on approach" on our Mac users. But on this particular machine I can not get this dialogue:

image.png.4671f1df55c14b99ba36489256487598.png 

Since I'm not getting this dialogue I am not able to allow network filtering and under Network > filters there should be two ESET filters but all I have is nothing there...

I have tried to create a new admin user on the machine and reinstalled ESET from that user but still nothing