Brave error; application was unable to start correctly.

Go to solution Solved by Purpleroses,

After an update (?) to v126 of Brave I get the following error; application was unable to start correctly.
Uninstalling Brave, rebooting, using CCleaner etc. hasn't helped yet.

On another site/thread I see that this happened before with ESET. Can this be the same issue?

I run W11, 23H2 w/ 64 bit

image.png

I am having the same issues with Brave, 30 mins ago or so, there was an eset message, I accepted or updated, and then when I tried to log into brave browser the following message came through 'Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) Click to close the application.  Many online forums say this is a common issue with eset, but no solutions on how to resolve.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, the same error keeps coming back and brave is my main and preferred browser. ESet can you help please?

Edited by Li76
tupos

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I am also getting that message to.  I looked under browser protection it has been blocked as a untrusted file!!

Edited by Purpleroses

Thanks so much. I thought I had malware. So I reinstalled Windows 11. Now I got Eset downloaded but not installed. I hope there will come a fix for this. I got the exactly same error as you guys.

I have the same problem, Turning OFF Browser Protection solve that problem. ESET Team, please fix that, thanks

Edited by Wistblade

I confirm, for me also on Windows 11 eset from today blocks the brave browser. It's a pity that eset does NOT display a message that something is being blocked. I lost a few minutes before I checked the event log.

Disabling browser protection in Eset immediately fixes brave.

I use eset smart security premium with active pre-release updates

Sorry for my English, I'm using a translator

Tengo el mismo problema. Incluso desinstale Brave varias veces, borre las claves del regedit, los archivos temporales, la carpeta de Brave en %Appdata, y nada que funciona.

Brave.jpg

Hi,

Same issue. Wiin 11 etc. like above.

Whitelisted the brave.exe in ESET.

What is risk or opening to whitelist to that exe??

TY