Protect Cloud Interface Changes

Hi

Has there been an update to Protect Cloud overnight. 

All the columns are mixed up, and when I go into 'Attention required' or 'Security Risks' it no longer tells you what the problem is, and I cant see a column to add back in to show it?!

I have similar issues since the update, my custom columns had all reset and when I now do a manual search at the top for a client, it shows completely different columns to how it appears when I drill down the side bar OU structure for our organisation.

Really frustrating and Protect Cloud just seems to be getting slower and slower - on-prem Protect was much better.

In ESET PROTECT (version: 5.3.9.1) you removed a very important column: Worst Functionality Problem. Now the main dashboards "Security Risks" and "Attention Required" are completely useless, since now there is no simple way to sort devices by problems. Additionally, the dashboard filters don't respect now the column selections and order.

Oh, and now you can't drag and drop endpoints between folders!

Edited by DavidFainshtein

• Administrators
6 hours ago, DavidFainshtein said:

In ESET PROTECT (version: 5.3.9.1) you removed a very important column: Worst Functionality Problem. Now the main dashboards "Security Risks" and "Attention Required" are completely useless, since now there is no simple way to sort devices by problems. Additionally, the dashboard filters don't respect now the column selections and order.

A couple of remarks regarding the "worst functionality problem":

• With more issues of the same severity, the one to show was chosen randomly, so the overall information could be misleading

• The functionality problems can still be seen in the side panel

• The advanced filter can order them based on the severity

• The list of problems can be grouped by severity on the dashboard

• The autumn release will bring a new dashboard item, „Top functional problems“ graph

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, SteffenK said:

I have the same problem, when I adjust the columns and refresh the page it goes back to the default settings - very frustrating and confusing.

Please raise a support ticket to find out if it's a bug or why it behaves like that.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, DavidFainshtein said:

Oh, and now you can't drag and drop endpoints between folders!

Please raise a support ticket to find out if it's a bug or if it was an intentional change with a good reason behind.

As of today, I have my custom column settings from last week back. Changes to the columns are also saved again, many thanks!

Magically, my custom colums are now back and showing regardless of how I search for find clients.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:19 AM, SteffenK said:

As of today, I have my custom column settings from last week back. Changes to the columns are also saved again, many thanks!

Yep, same here!

I've raised the issue with ESET partners and I am happy that all of the issues resolved quickly!

Looks like whatever changes were done have been reverted thankfully! The Worst Functionality Problem column is back.

@Marcos Whilst I appreciate if there are multiple issues, it cant show them all, thats what the number icon is for. However removing it completely was not the solution, and hopefully its back for good.