New ERA Server With Already installed Client ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Guest TitiCamara

Guest TitiCamara

Hi i've install ESET Remote Administrator on a network where there already exist ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed on clients computers. IT helpdesk installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus  manually and there was no link with the ERA Server. 

So i want to configure clients computers by adding Primary Server "Server address" in the Setup windows for the Remote Administration. 

BUT I'VE NO IDEA HOW TO DO IT?? SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ!!

• Administrators

Hello,

if EAV was installed with Self-defense enabled, the only way to accomplish it is by pushing a new installation package with a correct ERAS configuration on the clients. How many workstations are there?

• Former ESET Employees

The following article details Marcos's suggestion:

If there is a small number of endpoints, you can also achieve this configuring each workstation manually using the steps in Part I of the article below: 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest titicamara

hello thank you for your reply,

i have  300 computers on the network and all have EAV installed. So how can i verify that self defensed is enable??

thanh you

In main windows press F5->Antivirus and antispyware - there is an checbox for selfdefence in case of Endpoints (gen 5) it's in HIPS configuraition menu

Edited by Bart

Guest TitiCamara

hello,

I've noticed that self defence is activated. So from your previous reply push install is the only solution!! 

• Administrators

Yes, it works that way for security reasons. If it was possible to import configuration from xml files from the command line, malware could easily misuse it to disable the protection modules.