Error Code 0x00000013: Activation Issue on MacOS

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering an issue while attempting to activate ESET Antivirus on MacOS. The error message I'm receiving states:

"Activation error: An internal error occurred during the activation process. Error code: 0x00000013"

This error is appearing consistently, even though I'm following the same activation procedure I've used successfully in the past. It's worth noting that the license associated with the product has not expired.

Has anyone else experienced this error recently, and if so, were you able to resolve it? I'd appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve this activation issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Posted (edited)

We have a user with this same issue on MacOS in the past 2 days. Have just purchased a new license and the error occurred with both the old license and the new one. License works fine for everyone else using it.

Edited by torg

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello guys,

our IT department made changes on the DNS level to mitigate the issue.

Multiple customers confirmed that the issue was resolved, so I case you haven't activated your ESET solution successfully yet, try it again and let us know how it went.

Peter on behalf of the technology team

Note for us: D_EDFC-1680