Question about Windows 8.1 and possible virus

Ismail

I use the latest version of NOD32 and I'm just wondering if it may be prudent to use SysRescue.

I've been on Windows 8.1 since it came out (I upgraded from Windows 8), and I've been using it (along with NOD32 of course) just fine since then. But today I booted up my computer and neither my mouse or my keyboard seem to work, meaning that I can't click on the log in screen to view my account and enter my password in order to actually use my computer. I hadn't installed or uninstalled anything, but I did get a "URL blocked" message from NOD32 while viewing a random website earlier yesterday. I promptly left the site and computer didn't seem affected. After a few more houses of using the computer I turned it off. When I turned it back on a few hours after that... I just described it.

I'm wondering if this indicates a possible virus, or it's just an issue with Windows and I should contact them about it. I have had this problem once a long time ago, but it went away with a single reboot, whereas this time even a reboot doesn't fix it. The computer itself boots up as fast as it's always been doing (plus I know the log in screen itself isn't frozen, since the time continues to pass on the lower-left.) Has any virus been known to do anything to the log-in screen, and should I make the effort of using SysRescue?

Edit: I entered my BIOS just to check on some things and, upon exiting it without shutting off my PC, my mouse and keyboard worked. I did a NOD32 smart scan and didn't find anything, so my problem is almost certainly a Windows one rather than a virus.

Edited by Ismail

Windows 8 are known for its instabilty, most of my customers are also facing the same issue lately, almost 80% of MY CUSTOMER that facing problem with windows 8 are because of the fault of that system, and not because of virus.

Some times suddenly without any warning the windows 8 become slower and slower, and then my customer came to, and a single reboot indeed fix the problem. I dont know why, i dont know how. But theres is something wrong with this Windows 8 some how.

Reboot here meaning to RESTART. Shutting down and start again wont fix the problem. For laptop, usually you will need to remove the battery and might also need to push the power button for a few second before assemble back the battery and try to reboot it again.