ESET Shared Local Cache for non virtual endpoints?

WayneISC

I just discovered the Shared Local Cache server which will cache files so other endpoints know that they can skipped instead of scanned. All of the documentation indicates that it's intended for virtual machines deployed from identical templates, but is there any reason that I shouldn't set up a Local Cache and point all of my on site endpoints (user Windows 7 PCs) to it to help with scan speeds since all the base Win 7 files will also be identical like base Win Server files? We have everyone turn their PCs off overnight so our daily scans run around noon when most people are at lunch, but it does sometime impact people and anything to speed up scans would be welcome.

• Administrators

ESET Shared Local Cache (ESLC) makes sense on a virtual machine where the system environment is shared for users. However, on physical machines the system environment varies and thus using ESLC might have adverse effect on performance also due to network latency. Using just local cache used by individual clients (enabled by default) should be best solution. Just keep Smart optimization as well as Live Grid enabled.