old mirror folder with new endpoint version !

Hello there . I was using endpoint v 9.1 as mirror server in windows 7 for workstation clients .i took backup of the mirror folder in my flash drive .

Today I did fresh installation for windows 11 .

Now I want to install endpoint latest version .

Is it possible to continue using that backup mirror folder instead of creating it again from the endpoint ?

Because it takes very long time to download updates files when create mirror .the internet in my country very slow .

Edited by morana

• morana changed the title to old mirror folder with new endpoint version !
  • Administrators

We recommend creating a mirror using the ESET Mirror tool: https://help.eset.com/protect_install/11.0/en-US/mirror_tool_windows.html

Endpoint v11 should update from a v11 mirror, etc.

We'd recommend using ESET Bridge as a proxy instead of using a mirror if at least one machine in the network is connected to the Internet.

On 4/6/2024 at 5:25 PM, Marcos said:

We recommend creating a mirror using the ESET Mirror tool: https://help.eset.com/protect_install/11.0/en-US/mirror_tool_windows.html

Endpoint v11 should update from a v11 mirror, etc.

We'd recommend using ESET Bridge as a proxy instead of using a mirror if at least one machine in the network is connected to the Internet.

the mirror location policy is poorly designed. I hope it can be changed since v7,v8,v9,v10, and now v11.

currently I need to use "hxxp://nod32.example.com.nod32-update/eset_upd/ep11" for win10/win11 and

"hxxp://nod32.example.com.nod32-update/eset_upd/ep9" for win7.

the mirror location policy should be auto-completed by eset version.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, tbsky said:

the mirror location policy should be auto-completed by eset version.

Unfortunately it is not clear what you mean. The point is Endpoint 11 should update from a v11 mirror, Endpoint v10 from a v10 mirror, etc. To create mirrors for different versions of ESET products, use the ESET Mirror tools which does it.

On 4/12/2024 at 2:22 PM, Marcos said:

Unfortunately it is not clear what you mean. The point is Endpoint 11 should update from a v11 mirror, Endpoint v10 from a v10 mirror, etc. To create mirrors for different versions of ESET products, use the ESET Mirror tools which does it.

I am sorry. I thought it was very clear. no problem to create the mirror. the problem is how to push the mirror path to client.

every time when eset version upgrade, the mirror location path need to change, that's fine.

but the policy also need to modified to the new path, that's very bad.  we don't need a path policy like below:

hxxp://nod32.example.com/nod32-update/eset_upd/ep11 (the path policy need to changed for every eset version)

we need a path policy like below:

hxxp://nod32.example.com/nod32-update/eset_upd  (and client should append ep7,ep8,ep9,ep10,ep11 automatically)

or a path policy like below:

hxxp://nod32.example.com/nod32-update/eset_upd/ep%eset_version% (a server marco which push the correct path to client)

Edited by tbsky

• Administrators

While the mirror tool creates mirrors for particular product versions in separate folders, you can use a batch file to copy files from a particular folder to c:\www\c:\www\nod32-update\eset_upd or whatever the home folder is or user another way to sync the content of the two folders.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

While the mirror tool creates mirrors for particular product versions in separate folders, you can use a batch file to copy files from a particular folder to c:\www\c:\www\nod32-update\eset_upd or whatever the home folder is or user another way to sync the content of the two folders.

Hi:

this is news to me. I had compare directory content of ep7/8/9/10/11, and there are many different files. I don't know they can be merged into a single directory. then why not let mirror tools itself to do the merge?  would Eset consider add a parameter like "-g" so content could be merged and policy can be simple for every Eset version?

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Hi:

I want to create the batch file as you said. so this time I carefully compare ep9 and ep11. most file names  of them are different (so no conflict). but there are four files with the same name and different content. could you tell me how to merge the four files to one directory? thanks a lot for help!!

>diff -rqu ep9 ep11  | grep -v ^Only
Files ep9/dll/nod3852.dll.nup and ep11/dll/nod3852.dll.nup differ
Files ep9/dll/nodAFA3.dll.nup and ep11/dll/nodAFA3.dll.nup differ
Files ep9/dll/nodC2A5.dll.nup and ep11/dll/nodC2A5.dll.nup differ
Files ep9/dll/update.ver and ep11/dll/update.ver differ

• Administrators

Since the update files between product versions may differ, it is not possible to merge mirrors created for different product versions.

What I meant is that if you use the mirror tool create a mirror for Endpoint v11 for instance, you can use a batch files to copy the files to c:\www\c:\www\nod32-update\eset_upd for instance so that you don't need to reference the version in the update server path on clients.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Since the update files between product versions may differ, it is not possible to merge mirrors created for different product versions.

What I meant is that if you use the mirror tool create a mirror for Endpoint v11 for instance, you can use a batch files to copy the files to c:\www\c:\www\nod32-update\eset_upd for instance so that you don't need to reference the version in the update server path on clients.

Hi:

we don't care what the url is (with or without version number). the problem is we need multiple policies to set the correct url path to multiple eset client version. it is easy to solve as I said but Eset didn't do it.

Eset update with Eset server will download update files automatically with correct version. why can't this be done when update with mirror server?

Guys plz i need help . 

How to use mirror tool .it is confusing for me .

We have

endpoint product v7 v9 v11 offline clients

Nod32 antiviruse 4. Offline clients 

Now I need to download mirror tool in online pc to create offline update for above workstations  offline products :

can someone give me the right commands lines for creating mirror folder for these products .

I do not why eset made everything complex . yes we are not experts but , this kind of software should be easy for any users . even mirror tool should be simple GUI software 

• Administrators

There is nothing like NOD32 Antivirus v4. It reached EOL years ago. There is a KB with instructions how to create mirrors for different ESET products and versions at https://support.eset.com/en/kb7011.

Instead of using the mirror tool, you can create a mirror with Endpoint 11 for other Endpoint 11 in the network. with Endpoint v10 for v10, etc.

If there's at least one machine with Internet connection and the other machines can reach it, we strongly recommend using ESET Bridge as a proxy which will minimized the amount of downloaded data as well as the disk space.

Ok ,is bridge a separate tool like mirror tool or I have to download Protect server to use it ?

Because I do not want to go far with protect server . all what I need just to keep workstation clients signature database up to date . no need for any advance features.

If it is separate tool ,may u I have  the link to download it ?

Thanks