How to rescan found vulnerabilities?

ChrisTurk
Go to solution Solved by -MR-,

Hello,
Is there a way to manually trigger a vulnerability scan?
Or is there an information when the solved vulnerabilities automatically disappear on the vulnerability and patch management?
I currently mute the vulnerabilities that I have resolved, but I have also noticed in some cases that resolved vulnerabilities disappear from the view after a few days. Now I want to speed this up and initiate a scan manually.

Is that even possible? When exactly is the client scanned for vulnerabilities? After every computer restart? By task (I haven't found a suitable one here) or does it run according to a schedule?

I would be very grateful for any information on this topic.
Thanks in advance

• Marcos changed the title to How to rescan found vulnerabilities?
  • ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello,

Currently, only automatic VAPM scan launch is designed. VAPM scan is launched once in 24 hours within scheduler time frame (usually as soon as time frame starts)

You can workaround this by unassigning the policy > waiting till policy is unassigned and assigning again,  the VAPM scan should be re-set and launched again within the scheduled time frame.

We are constantly improving the product and Manual VAPM Scan Task is included in roadmap for implementation within few months, generally when EESW 11.1 product will be released - ETA end of June 2024.