Huge RAM usage. What could be the reason and how do I fix it?

Guest anon guest

So ekrn.exe currently uses around 2GB of my RAM. Has been doing so for a while (probably months of even years).

Can I mess with the settings to make it go back to normal?

Kind regards

• Administrators

Please sign up for this forum, re-post it the appropriate product forum and provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector as well as a screenshot of where you are seeing the memory usage, including the column names.

Does it change after a computer restart? How long does it take for memory consumption to grow to such an extent after a restart?

Guest anon guest
38 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Does it change after a computer restart? How long does it take for memory consumption to grow to such an extent after a restart?

I haven't restarted my system in a while. It might be smaller after a restart, but I would assume it bloats up to levels past 1 GB within a day or two, according to windows taskmanager. Consumption past 2 GB seems to be a new development though. Is ESET perhaps storing something and "forgets" to get rid of it?

Guest anon guest

Ok, so the ram usage shoots up to 800+ Mb almost right away after a restart. It currently sits at around 900, but it might creep up slowly? At least it hasn't gone down at all so far.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be purposefully difficult, but the logs contain way too much personal info afaict. If there's some other way I can assist or perhaps try some common solutions, I will do so.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.