Windows "App & Browser Control" with ESET

GDI

We are noticing that Windows built in "App & Browser Control" seems to be turned off by upon a fresh Windows install. We've debated enabling it via GPO. But, my question is, do they (or should they) be enabled if ESET is installed? Or does ESET basically do the same that smartscreen for app & files and Edge would do? Is there any potential for conflicts if "App & Browser Control" is enable along with having ESET installed?

Win 10/11 Security Center App & Browser Control settings control more than just SmartScreen processing. It also controls MDAG, if enabled, plus Win's very important native exploit protection per below screen shot. I know of no reason why this feature would be disabled upon a clean Windows installation;

Eset_App.thumb.png.604731aef958038e9ec31466ffbc292e.png

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

Win 10/11 Security Center App & Browser Control settings control more than just SmartScreen processing. It also controls MDAG, if enabled, plus Win's very important native exploit protection per below screen shot. I know of no reason why this feature would be disabled upon a clean Windows installation;

Thanks for the info! Looks like it was probably my fault. I was testing some deployments and it looks like there was a previous GPO to disabled some of the features. I'm assuming it was a left over due to a conflict with our previous AV. All is good now!