DNS stops working intermittently with ESET installed

I had been tracking this problem for a while and once I uninstalled ESET it went away for several weeks.  Installing ESET again and the issue came back the next day. This issue would happen pretty much every day with ESET install.

ESET was fully updated.

The issue is my internet connection is fine, videos playing will continue to play.  Trying to resolve any name in a browser fails.  Exiting to the command prompt and pinging the ip addresses that I tried to connect to works fine.

I can also ping the dns server being used.  I tried multiple dns servers including 9.9.9.9 and 1.1.1.1.

I was not able to get it to work by disabling parts of ESET, such as the firewall then ESET altogether, did not solve the problem.

If I connected to a VPN then domain name resolution worked fine.  If I disconnected from the VPN it would nor resolve.

Eventually after some time, that I could not determine exactly, probably around 10 minutes, name resolution would work again.

I tried another PC on the same network that did not have ESET installed at the same time that DNS resolution was not working and it could resolve names fine via the browser.

I could not find a set time of day this issue would occur so it doesnt seem to be something that is scheduled causing it.

This issue would occur with fresh boots and with the machine returning from sleep.  I also turned off all power management features of my NIC.

Any suggestions on things to try to solve this issue as I am out of ideas and have uninstalled ESET because of how much trouble it causes.

• Administrators

It is only the firewall or network protection that could be involved in network issues from the technical point of view or the network traffic scanner when it comes to http(s), pop3(s) or imap(s). If disabling any of them didn't make any difference and uninstalling ESET did, it could be that simply installation of the WFP driver could interfere with another application's WFP driver or cause some unknown bug in MS WFP to manifest. Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector and also raise a support ticket for further investigation.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been having issues for a few weeks now. Having uninstalled ESET the internet browsing appears to be flawless, but with ESET installed, (Wii Pro with ESET Endpoint Security + ESET Server Security) intermittent website page loading times..including timeouts. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, MeK said:

I have also been having issues for a few weeks now. Having uninstalled ESET the internet browsing appears to be flawless, but with ESET installed, (Wii Pro with ESET Endpoint Security + ESET Server Security) intermittent website page loading times..including timeouts. 

If you can reproduce the issue, please collect logs as per the instructions above and supply them for perusal (ideally through a support ticket).