High Disk Usage - ESET Endpoint Security

ArQ

I have a problem with Eset Endpoint Security has a high disk usage. At times the disk usage goes up to 98%. Sometimes the PC is fine and working normally and suddenly the disk usage will spike slowing down the whole PC.

we deleted the file  C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\epfwlog.dat, in safe mode it helped for a while and the problem still persists after a few days

Can Help me with solution problem

I have a problem with ESET Endpoint 10/11. It is overusing CPU+disk and causing application stuttering on endpoints. Similar problem as three weeks ago with RDP where ESET solved it by pre-updating some modules. This procedure does not help either. Recommend another solution.

ESET_lgdc010.PNG

ESET_Obor.png

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Daniel K said:

I have a problem with ESET Endpoint 10/11. It is overusing CPU+disk and causing application stuttering on endpoints. Similar problem as three weeks ago with RDP where ESET solved it by pre-updating some modules. This procedure does not help either. Recommend another solution.

Please carry on as follows:

1. When the issue occurs, enable advanced operating system logging under Tools -> Diagnostics -> Advanced logging in the advanced setup
  2. After 30-60s stop logging
  3. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive to a safe location (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox,...) and drop me a personal message with a download link.

• 1 month later...

I sent the logs as instructed, but to this day I have not heard from anyone. I'm fascinated by the attitude ESET has taken lately towards customers who have tens and hundreds of licenses. You make a mistake, release it to the world via an update, and when it doesn't work you don't provide help with the fix or advice to administrators on how to resolve the issues. There were two major mistakes in December that really made our lives miserable. I don't think it's okay to make a customer a tester and debug bugs on them in a production environment.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Daniel K said:

I sent the logs as instructed, but to this day I have not heard from anyone.

Please remember that this is a forum which has no abilities to track issues and responses unlike ticketing systems. If you don't get a timely response here, please give us a reminder. For troubleshooting more complex issues that require deeper analysis of dumps or logs, raising a support ticket may be inevitable.

I've checked the logs you've provided but it seems that advanced operating system logging was not turned off prior to collecting logs as it's size was 0 bytes:

2023-12-21 08:30               0  EsetPerf.etl

Please try to generate the log again.