Ekrn.exe sending huge amounts of data

Guest abruzka

Hi,

today I checked the Network Connections tab in Eset Internet Security and for some reason ekrn.exe shows 7 GB of sent data, and only 47 MB of received data.

Any idea why? What was sent and how can I check it? I recently added a second device to my subscription and the old device did not show this.

After a restart, the 7 GB is gone, but still, ekrn.exe sends out 1-2 MB of data around every minute and I have no idea why, I looked up the connected IP's (they only flash up for a second, so I had to record it) and they're different every time, some of them show Eset servers, while others show Telefonica Germany GMBH, for some reason (they all start with 91.228.... and they're all UDP connections). Current amount shows 125 MB sent in around 60 minutes and keeps increasing. The logs do not show anything.

Thank you for the answer. I used Eset for 10+ years and never experienced anything like this.

• Administrators

Unfortunately you have posted as a guest so we don't know what ESET product you use and didn't mention the time frame in which you've measured the amount of sent data. For instance, ESET Smart Security Premium sends certain files to the ESET LiveGuard cloud sandbox so it sends out more data than ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Internet Security.

Please sign up for this forum and re-post in the appropriate product forum here while attaching logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

On 5/5/2024 at 2:38 PM, Guest abruzka said:

today I checked the Network Connections tab in Eset Internet Security and for some reason ekrn.exe shows 7 GB of sent data, and only 47 MB of received data.

Did you recently install/reinstall Eset on this device and you did not allow the one-time full system scan after installation not to run till completion?